- Intra-Company Transfer
Take Your Business to Canada on Business Visa under the ICT Program. Intra-Company Transfer (ICT) outlines provisions for companies to move skilled workers to Canada. It’s a part of Canada’s International Mobility Program. This is facilitated by companies having, branch, affiliate branch, affiliate or subsidiary located in Canada and allows them to transfer their businesses to Canada and receive a Work Permit.
Who can apply:
To qualify for an LMIA-exemption as an intra-company transferee, both the employee and the company have to meet several requirements. Candidates must also devise an effective strategy to make their case to IRCC and strong evidence to support their work permit application.
General Requirements for the Employee
- Must be employed at a multinational company seeking entry to Canada to work at the company’s parent, subsidiary, branch, or affiliate.
- The enterprise in Canada must have a qualifying relationship as outlined below.
- The employee must be applying to work in Canada in a position at the executive level, senior managerial level, or in a position requiring specialized knowledge.
- Must have been employed with the company for at least 1 year (full-time) with the company within the previous 3 years.
- The company must have physical premises in their home country for their Canadian operations.
- The parent company must be financially sounded to operate its business operations in Canada and must have robust funds.
- The company should provide a Detailed Business plan for staffing the new functions.
- During the transferring of a seeking applicant, the company must ensure that it is expected to do business and result in job creation and help to boost the economy through its Canadian operations.
Duration Of ICT Work Permit :
The initial work permit of ICT is usually issued for 1-2 years. If a candidate wishes to continue working in Canada as a foreign worker, his/her work permit can be renewed for a further 2-3 years, for a maximum of 5 years for specialized workers, and 7 years for executive and managers provided that all the pre – requisite conditions are met.
Work permit to PR :
The applicant is eligible to apply for permanent residency after working for 1 year in Canada under CEC (Canadian Experience Class) of express entry program. Depending on the job designation, the foreign worker can qualify for 200 points for a job offer through their affiliate firm in Canada. This usually will result in a significant rise the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score, which may result in being selected under the FSWP category of the EE.